WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Cuban Pork Roast

I have made this recipe many times and it is wonderful. I bought a bigger roast to serve more people (7 lbs) about how much longer should I roast it?

Comments

• Hi - Thanks for writing to us! Our recipe for Cuban-Style Pork Shoulder with Mojo Sauce calls for a 4 to 5 pound pork shoulder with a total roasting time of about 3 1/2 hours. That translates to about 40 minutes per pound for a 5-pound pork shoulder. For a 7-pound roast that would mean between 4 to 5 hours of roasting time. Given the larger size of the meat, I would also definitely recommend allowing the salt mixture to sit on the meat for the full 24 hour period. And don't forget to double the herb-garlic paste ingredients! Good luck! Best, Lynn C.

• Thank you so Much Lynn!

• Just want to say that when cooking its not a set time but a temperature you're looking for. The recipe calls for 190 F; ovens tend to be slightly off in temperature so the best way to tell is using a thermometer to check.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.