WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Scraper Bowl attachment (w/ gray rubber on one side) vs Paddle attachment on stand mixers

Seems like in the videos and recipes, you refer to paddle attachment and to scrape down part way thru mixing. E.g. in the SPECULOOS recipe step 2.

Is there any disadvantage to using the Scraper Bowl Attachment vs paddle attachment on stand mixer? Thanks

Comments

• Hi Steve - I don’t see any disadvantage to using a scraper mixer blade. I might stop the mixer once to confirm that it’s not leaving any unmixed bits on the bottom or sides, but these things do a pretty good job of getting the scraping done for you. I think it’s probably going to work pretty well. Good luck! Best, Lynn C.

• Scraper attachment used to be third party tools and the mixer companies would void your warranty if you used one - the issue was that they taxed the motor and it would overheat. Not sure where that stands at this point but a scraper will add a burden to the motor. However, is the scraper attachment is sold along with the mixer and it's not a third party device, you should be okay. However, in my experience, you will always need to use a spatula as well. They do a good but not a great job.

• I got the official stand mixer paddle with the plastic/silicone scraper attached on edge of one side. It worked pretty well for a while, but eventually the edge began to bend down (likely because the attachment only goes in one direction and edge is only on 1 side.) So it was no longer scraping the edge of bowl. Then I was also worried about it wearing down and leaving bits of silicone or plastic in my batter. I got rid of it and am back to just scraping bowl down with a spatula.

• I got the official stand mixer paddle with the rubber scraper attached on edge of one side.It worked pretty well for a while, but eventually the edge began to bend down (likely because the attachment only goes in one direction and edge is only on 1 side.) So it was no longer scraping the edge of bowl. Then I was also worried about it wearing down and leaving bits of rubber in my batter. I got rid of it and am back to just scraping bowl down with a spatula.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.