WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Alternate to stand mixer

I don't have a stand mixer, are there techniques I can use?

Comments

• Hi Tim - You can generally use a hand mixer for most recipes that call for a stand mixer - cakes, cookies, etc. One exception would be when making and kneading yeast doughs. You can, however, do this by mixing the dough together with your hands or a wooden spoon and then kneading the dough by hand on the countertop. If you don't have a hand mixer, you can mix most cookie dough and cake batter by hand using a wooden spoon or whisk, depending on the thickness of the batter or dough. It just requires a little more elbow grease! Best, Lynn C.

• If you are short on space, (my issue), the Bosch compact mixer folds down and is pretty light for easy stowing away. It has a pretty powerful motor, and you can purchase a stainless bowl (upgrade) for it. It works wonderfully. It’s not blingy at all like the Kitchenaid, but I’m happy to not have another heavy klunky thing on my counter.

• Great suggestion, Stacy! I'm excited to hear you've had good luck with an alternative stand mixer. Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.