Circulation and Fulfillment Manager
Back to Jobs
Milk Street seeks an experienced and talented circulation professional to join its growing marketing department in Boston to help manage the day-to-day fulfillment for Milk Street’s print magazine, digital subscriptions, and future enhancements to Milk Street’s subscription and membership offerings. This includes working closely with Milk Street’s printing, fulfillment, and warehouse vendors to make sure subscribers and members receive the correct issue and benefits as well as billing, renewal, and gift communications and experience. Milk Street’s goal is to offer our followers a range of options from a print only subscription up to a premium membership experience with evolving content and experience benefits and this role will be a critical member of the team responsible for planning and executing the subscriber and member experience.
- Manage updates to our fulfillment vendor’s (CDS) fulfillment schedules, including master schedule and all billing and renewal schedules, communicating schedule updates to all MS stakeholders. This includes working with Circulation Director and VP, Marketing to manage billing and renewal categories and report categories required to support MS’s evolving marketing needs.
- Monitor CDS’s weekly fulfillment activities compared to scheduled tasks to confirm that selections, efforts, and other scheduled activities are on time and counts are as expected.
- Manage billing, renewal, and gift stock component inventory for MLK magazine to maintain fulfillment continuity.
- Manage billing component stock inventory for Milk Street products.
- Translate changes to billing, renewal, and gift efforts into print program instructions for CDS. This includes working with CDS on print program changes for Milk Street’s product billing efforts.
- Work with CDS and our warehouse partner to set up product codes and pull codes for new products or product/premium offers.
- Assist with setting up the fulfillment logistics for new premiums for magazine, digital subscription, and product offers.
- Assist with managing the continuity notification, shipment, and billing, for Milk Street’s annual continuity program.
- Work with Milk Street’s newsstand distributor (Curtis), Circulation Director, VP Marketing, printing vendors, and production staff to consolidate print order instructions for upcoming issues (both regular issues and SIPs). You will draft and distribute print orders, integrating feedback and communicating the print order to MS’s printers.
- Manage setting up promotion response codes to support new marketing efforts for magazine, book, and digital subscription offers.
- Track Milk Street’s postage usage related to our magazine and products marketing, and coordinate requests to MS finance group to fund postal accounts.
- Assist MS’s Circulation Director and VP Marketing on the planning and execution of MS’s direct mail acquisition marketing campaigns – both subscriber and cold donor acquisition, including creative development, list planning, lettershop, and mailing.
- Assist with reviewing circulation related invoices (CDS, printers, paper supplier) for accuracy, coding invoices based on MS’s general ledger account codes.
- Contribute to the strategic planning, execution, and reporting related to MS’s goals of maximizing the percentage of subscribers on credit card auto-renewal, pricing, and the promotion of upgraded offers from a print or digital subscription up to our premium membership offering.
- Contribute to the ongoing goal of identifying and implementing improvements to our circulation practices to improve ROI.
- Manage updating several monthly reports including Milk Street’s Insert Card Report.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years in publishing for consumer print titles (online titles a plus)
- Experience working with major fulfillment service bureaus (experience with CDS a plus)
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Natural curiosity for spotting trends, opportunities, or problems within data and formulating solutions or recommendations as appropriate
- Strong Excel skills
This is a full-time Monday-through-Friday position located at Milk Street’s Boston location.
Send your resume, cover letter, and three references—plus any specific materials noted within individual job descriptions—to [email protected]. Remember to include the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email.
Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street is an equal opportunity employer. We offer paid vacation, all major holidays off, half-day Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day and a competitive benefits package.