Cooking School Coordinator
Back to Jobs
Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street is seeking a full-time Cooking School Coordinator for its Boston-based cooking school.
We are seeking a full-time coordinator for our Boston-based cooking school. Successful candidates will have professional culinary experience, and be extremely organized, nimble in response to change, good at taking direction, and great with the public. All Milk Street Cooking School employees draw inspiration from tradition and innovation, and are passionate about student learning. This position reports directly to the Director of Education. The Education Department encourages junior employees to be active participants in the growth of the department and fosters a work environment that allows for such participation.
POSITION OVERVIEW & DUTIES
- Coordinating the day-to-day operations of hands-on cooking school, including:
- Developing school calendar and lesson plans, in conjunction with the Director of Education
- Performing preparatory work for cooking classes, including food ordering, class material printing, communication with students and staffing
- Maintaining and maturing an already active volunteer program
- Assisting at 2-3 cooking classes per week, including 2+ weekends per month and at least one weeknight per week.
- Executing marketing plans designed by interdepartmental team
- Adhering strictly to budget
- Assisting with the development and execution of our private events program
- Promoting and managing sales and inventory of Milk Street Store products
- Creating effective environments for inquiry- and problem-based learning
- Helping students discover how to become great and curious home cooks
- Maintaining cooking school and shared facility and equipment
- Collaborating with colleagues across departments
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Organized, dependable, flexible, self-motivated and hardworking team player
- Superlative interpersonal skills with members of the public, colleagues and community partners
- Strong culinary knowledge and ability to use it to assist students transform their home cooking
- Professional cooking experience highly preferred; a committed home cooking practice may be acceptable for strong candidates
- Comfort with and excitement for mistakes and failure, and the ability to productively learn from both
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong computer skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in culinary arts
AREAS FOR POSITION GROWTH
- Strategic growth and development of in-person classes in Boston
- Online education program development
- Private event program growth
- Youth cooking class program development
- Volunteer program growth
Please send a resume, cover letter and prior examples of past work to [email protected]. Remember to include the position you’re applying for in the email subject line.
This position qualifies for medical, dental and retirement benefits, paid vacation, all major holidays off, half-day Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day (expect when there is a class).