Graphic Design Intern
Back to Jobs
Milk Street is looking for a graphic design intern to work within our Design Department. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in supporting the Milk Street brand across all platforms, from publication design and marketing to digital design and photoshoot prep. If you’re interested in pursuing a career in public media and are comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment, apply today.
This is a part-time role beginning at 20 hours per week.
Your support will be needed in the following areas:
- Track, sort, tag and organize food and travel photography for use in bi-monthly magazine, on social media and on our website.
- Coordinate prep material/contact sheets for weekly story/art meetings.
- Maintain a list of photography and illustration contacts.
- Assist in sourcing and prepping props (sometimes food) for upcoming photoshoots.
- Maintain prop organization in between photoshoots.
- Assist in photographing and styling products for social media and our Ecommerce store.
- Assist in sourcing photography for our online cooking school.
- Work on email campaigns by sourcing art, creating photo montages and populating email templates.
- Create occasional digital ads for facebook, iTunes radio banners and other marketing promotions.
- Create animated gifs for email and social media from existing photography.
- Assist in creating branding guidelines for social media.
- Assist in creating photography guidelines for on-location photographers.
- Update art for Cooking School Events page and provide new recipe photography and product shots to our Digital Content Team.
- Create 3D mockups of magazines, book covers and interior pages, among other products for marketing promotions and landing pages.
- Upload and format Online Cooking School class content to Teachable, our online school platform.
- Update quarterly Cooking School brochure.
- Assist in designing direct mail cover wraps and insert cards for all publications.
- Assist in researching illustrators for magazine and online cooking school.
- Assist in communicating with illustrators for commissioned work.
- Communicate with the Editorial team and the kitchen regarding sidebar content and inside back cover illustrations in order to gather culturally appropriate and true reference material.
- Format and design press releases as needed.
- Provide recipes, recipe photography, publicity photos and logos to media contacts and publications when requested.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects a plus)
- Basic digital photography skills
- Incredible organization & ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects at once
- Quick project turnaround capacity
Send your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio—to [email protected]. Remember to include the position you’re applying for in the email subject line.