We’re looking for an experienced cook to work in our busy kitchen, the heart of our television, video, magazine and cookbook media channels. This position will primarily handle prepping and execution of photo and video shoots, including preparing shopping lists and assembling equipment, under the supervision of the Kitchen Director. If you are a culinary professional who is organized, can perform with grace under fire, and good at multi-tasking, please apply.
- A whiz at professional cooking & baking basics, methods, techniques and knife skills
- A quick learner and problem solver
- Knowledgeable about a wide variety of foods, ingredients and cuisines
- Methodical, detail oriented and organized
- Calm under time pressure and a team player
- A Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent preferred (culinary arts a plus)
- An extensive background (2+ years) in professional (not home) cooking
- Computer proficiency, including Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on both still photo and food video sets
How to Apply
This is a Monday-Friday position located at our headquarters at 177 Milk Street in Boston. Send your resume, cover letter and three references—plus any specific additional materials noted—to [email protected]. Remember to include the position you’re applying for in the email subject line.