Back to Jobs
Milk Street is looking for a reliable and experienced kitchen assistant with dishwashing experience to work in our busy kitchen. Kitchen Assistants are responsible for washing and maintaining kitchen equipment, helping with basic kitchen prep and organizational tasks like keeping our walk-in looking spotless.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Load, run and unload the dish machine
- Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately
- Monitor machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle
- Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware
- Keep dish room clean and organized
- Clean food-preparation and production areas as required
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen
- Perform basic kitchen prep tasks as needed
- Experience washing dishes in a professional kitchen
- Experience cleaning different styles of cookware
- Comfortable with basic kitchen prep like cleaning herbs, juicing citrus and peeling carrots
- Have reliable transportation
- Able to stand for 5- to 8-hour periods
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Have a can-do attitude and enjoy being part of a team
How to Apply
This is a part-time Monday-through-Friday position during standard business hours (12-5), with the opportunity to pick up additional hours. This is a great position for someone looking for a break from typical restaurant hours and pacing.
Send your resume, cover letter and three references — plus any specific additional materials noted — to [email protected]. Remember to include the position you’re applying for in the email subject line.