Back to Jobs
Christopher Kimball's Milk Street is seeking an experienced managing editor to work in its downtown Boston office. The managing editor is responsible for organizing and prioritizing the company’s editorial efforts, reporting to the editorial director and collaborating with the books and special editions editor.
- Coordinating priorities with the art and recipe development departments
- Determining priorities to ensure stories, recipes and art move smoothly and quickly through development, editing, production and design
- Sets and communicates deadlines; provides status updates to the editorial director and other senior staff
- Handles extensive line and story editing
- Works closely with the production manager to ensure the smooth delivery of each issue
The position also offers ample writing opportunities, including travel. Candidates should have a mix of reporting, writing, editing and management experience.
- Solid knowledge of AP style
- At least 5 years’ experience in journalism
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Be highly organized, detail-oriented and flexible
- Demonstrated interest in food
This is a full-time Monday-through-Friday position located at Milk Street’s Boston location.
Send your resume, cover letter, and three references—plus any specific materials noted within individual job descriptions—to [email protected]. Remember to include the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email.
Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street is an equal opportunity employer. We offer paid vacation, all major holidays off, half-day Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day and a competitive benefits package.