WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

How can I watch the episodes on my TV?

My husband and I got introduced to Milk Street by watching the episodes from the first season that were available on Amazon Prime Video. It inspired us to sign up, so we could keep watching the later seasons.

I’m easily able to watch the episodes on my computer and tablet, but that’s just me watching by myself. How can I watch them on my TV, so that we can both watch together?

I can’t find the AirPlay or Chromecast button on the video player when I watch on the site. Either of those would work. So would a dedicated Milk Street app for Apple TV, or some other smart TV device.

Watching together, and then cooking together, is our whole inspiration for subscribing. Surely there must be a way to do that, that isn’t the two of us huddled around a small (for two people) tablet?

Comments

• Rochelle - thanks for getting in touch. We're glad to hear that Milk Street TV has been a source of inspiration for you! We don't have Chromecast or Airplay buttons built into our video player platform, and unfortunately we also don't have a dedicated app for this. So, in the short term, the easiest way for you to be able to watch on a larger screen is simply to plug your laptop or tablet into your TV with an HDMI cable. I have also reached out to our TV team to see if there are higher-tech solutions and will get back to you with any updates soon. - April D.

• edited December 2020

When I play a Milk Street episode in Safari, I see a "Choose an AirPlay device" button/icon that appears in the lower, right corner of the player window when I hover over it. Using that, I can play the episode on the larger television via the Apple TV device. The player window in Safari goes black while the episode plays on the TV. I can also use the AirPlay button in the Safari menu bar to replicate the laptop screen (and view the episode in full screen mode). No dedicated app or connector cables needed.

• It is time to create an Apple TV and Android TV dedicated app for Milk Street Kitchen. Those of us in Canada cannot subscribe to PBS Think in the Amazon Prime TV service for some mysterious reason. I am going to investigate putting FireFox for Android TV and see if I can watch the shows that way. Please get those apps out as soon as possible. Thank you.

• Hi Geoffrey -

All of our episodes are available on YouTube so you can watch episodes of the TV show via the YouTube app on your Apple TV or other streaming device. Unfortunately, according to PBS, most PBS streaming video – including PBS Passport – is available only within the United States. Here is PBS's explanation for why that is:

PBS is not a producer, but rather a distributor of programming. Our distribution rights are fairly limited and are generally confined to dissemination within the United States.

While over-the-air broadcasts reach beyond U.S. borders, online video is subject to geo-filtering, which restricts the areas that can view PBS content. PBS is legally obligated to ensure each program does not exceed its granted rights, which unfortunately eliminates international streaming ability for PBS programs outside the US.

Hope that helps!

Best, The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.