WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Pasta Without the Pasta Fail

Hi Guys,

I don't see anywhere to rate recipes in the magazine but thought I'd seen something somewhere? In any case, I attempted the Spinach and Ricotta Dumplings from the May/June issue and...it seems I had the same success you indicated you originally had...they disintegrated in the poaching water. The only things I modified is that I made them a day ahead and put in the fridge overnight. I also left out the salt in the water (as the palline seemed a bit salty on its own). I hadn't actually read the full article before making these but, it doesn't seem that would have helped. I thought perhaps I'd omitted the 1/4 cup of flour (as a possible binding agent).

In any case, we ended up with slightly cheesy spinach mush...not one of my (or your) best recipes. Perhaps there needs to be some large CAUTION signs. On a positive note, the wine and the Caesar Salad were good:-( I only cooked 1/2 the dumplings and have frozen the rest. If you have any suggestions as to how I might salvage the remaining dumplings, I'd be interested...otherwise...perhaps filling for a lasagna.

Thanks,

Tom

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.