WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

nutritional information for recipes

Will Milk Street post nutritional information for their recipes? I'm new to cooking and Milk Street but always likes Christopher Kimball's show on NPR. I would like to know if they will post nutritional information for their recipes?

Comments

• Hi Tom - We appreciate your support of Milk Street and our radio show! We understand that it's helpful to know the nutritional information for recipes. However, we are not a health food magazine and, therefore, do not have a nutritionist on staff to accurately calculate the nutritional details for all of our recipes. I would suggest using a smartphone apps or website (there are TONS out there) into which you can enter ingredients and get some nutritional information. These aren't 100% accurate, but they should give you a general picture of the nutritional details of a dish. Thanks for your question! Best, Lynn C.

• Nutritional information would be very helpful. Perhaps Milk Street could use a smartphone app or website to give us an estimate of nutritional information - could add caveat that not produced by a nutritionist but online resources? Thanks.

• Hi Rita - Thanks for your thoughts. I will pass your note along to our editorial management team. Best, Lynn C.

• I agree with Rita. It would be very helpful if Milk Street could provide nutritional information, with the appropriate caveats. This would eliminate the requirement that many individuals would have to conduct the smart phone app exercise individually (which can be very cumbersome). Would be a terrific service for Milk Street fans/customers.

• Yes, please. This information is crucial. Thanks!

• I agree with all the comments (except Lynn's) (sorry). Cooks Illustrated and Cooks Country are not health food magazines either, yet they provide the nutritional information.

Milk street could post the nutrition with the caveat "Not calculated by a nutritionist, so accuracy not guaranteed".

• Hi All - Thanks for writing in! I will pass along your comments and suggestions to our management team. Best, Lynn C.

• That's the one thing that is very cool about ATK recipes. All nutrition facts are there. In todays tech environment and with all the different diet and health apps MS should have this information available for customers to readily enter into their apps.

• Hi Cris -

Thanks for writing in! We will pass along your comment and suggestion to our management team.

Best,

The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.