WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Blender vs Food Processor

I watched the episode on cooking from Oaxaca and was very disappointed to see the "reinterpretation" of the green sauce was nothing, nothing like what was offered up in the episode. As a very experienced Mexican cook I can tell you that the blender is most important tool in the Mexican kitchen. The food processor is efficient for other tasks but for blending a smooth red or green chile sauce it simply doesn't measure up.

Comments

• Hi Ramona - I'm so sorry you were disappointed! I'm not 100% sure which recipe you are referring to - is it our Green Enchiladas with Chicken and Cheese? Sometimes during development a recipe can go through several iterations before the recipe is complete. It may start in one place and end up, weeks later, in a completely different place. I don't know exactly why we chose to use a food processor here instead of a blender, but I do know that our recipe developers are very conscientious about authenticity and really think (and rethink...and rethink) equipment and ingredient choices to develop the best-tasting and easiest version of recipes that Chris brings back from his travels, while also staying true to the original. It's possible that, in this case, we chose a food processor because it made the most sense at one time in the recipe development. That being said, I think you absolutely could make the green sauce in a good-quality blender. We'd love to hear how is goes if you do! Thanks for watching the show! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.