WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Recommendations for new cookware

I’m replacing my collection of saucepans and non stick skillets. Old, worn, and bargain brands. What’s considered a ‘good” set of sauce pans and skillets? Sizes, clad and non stick. Willing to spend a reasonable amount but not looking for top end. I have several cast iron and carbon steel skillets and a decent combination of enameled cast iron Dutch ovens. Thanks

Comments

• Hi Mark - I recommend stainless steel for saucepans. A medium saucepan and maybe a small saucepan are usually all you'll need. For skillets, you should be able to do 90% of what you want to do in cast iron or carbon steel assuming you have different sizes. If you still want to purchase additional skillets, I'd recommend stainless steel for a 12-inch and an inexpensive nonstick 10-inch. There's no point in buying a pricey nonstick skillet since the coatings will all wear at about the same rate and you will likely need to replace if long before the cheap pan wears out. Our Milk Street Store usually carries Christopher Kimball by Regalware 5-ply stainless-steel cookware. We are currently out of stock, but expecting new product very soon! Best, Lynn C.

• I can also recommend you to get stainless steel cookware https://themybuy.com/best-stainless-steel-cookware/. T-fal Stainless Steel Cookware Set has great pans and saucepans to use.

• Not to product place, but, I've recently bought a few pieces of Made-In cookware. It's five ply and has high sides and long handles on the sauce pans. I ordered a 12 in stainless fry pan, but its been on back order for a few weeks. If it cooks as well as the 3 and 4qt sauces pans, I will be very happy. They also sell non-stick and carbon steel at a reasonable price.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.