WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Spanish Almond Torte question

Can the Spanish almond torte recipe be done in cupcake liners instead of the 9 inch round pan? If so, how long would you bake the cupcakes and would you use the same temperature? Thank you!

Comments

• Hi Brenda - Unfortunately I can't give you an exact answer since we haven't tested this in a muffin tin. You can certainly give it a try and use your eyes as a guide! The cake is ready when the surface is deeply browned and the crust feels firm when gently pressed with a finger. If you do decide to try it, let us know how it turns out! Best, Lynn

• Hi Lynn,

I was able to make the Spanish almond torte in cupcake liners with no problem. They took about 25 mins of baking time and required more turbinado sugar to sprinkle on top of the cupcakes than the 3 tablespoons for the torte, about 1/2 of a tablespoonful per cupcake. Hope this info is helpful-Brenda

• Hi Brenda - Great news! Thanks for sharing your results with us. It's always helpful to have a first-hand account of a recipe modification for all of our readers to know so they can try too. Happy Baking! Best, Lynn

• Hi, this is a favourite recipe (tastes great and is easy), and I was just wondering if you had ideas/recipes for the left over egg yolks? In the past I have done brownies with them, but I am trying to think a little healthier than doubling up on desert. Thanks.

• Hi Keith - My first suggestion would be homemade mayonnaise. Especially right now when tomatoes are getting beautifully ripe, nothing beats a fresh BLT with homemade mayo. It's so much better than the bottled stuff and easy to make using an immersion or traditional blender. There are tons of recipes online. Good luck! Best, Lynn C.

• My suggestion would be a egg and lemon sauce or avgolemono sauce that you can use with anything green like zucchini, asparagus, swiss chard, spinach. I love it with a healthy dose of dill added at the end. I also use it with lamb meatballs, stuffed grape leaves, or poached chicken. Or you can use the yolk to thicken soups. Many recipes would call for whole eggs but using egg yolks only will make your final result much smoother, silkier less likely to look scrambled. I know you said you don't want to make dessert but I'll mention here the yeasted dough of Eastern Europe that does not use a lot of sugar but does use butter and egg yolk. Hope this helps.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.