WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

2 Failed recipes in the Fast & Slow cookbook

Has anyone had the same problems I've had with 2 recipes. Others were excellent.

Simple white beans - pg 78 - It the "Start" section, I followed the instructions precisely. After quick release, the beans had mostly exploded and only a few had kept their shape. The recipe with Avocado and herbs tasted great but the beans looked like an unappetizing mush.

Lemony orzo With Chicken and Arugula - pg115 - Assuming this was to feed 4, the 1 cup of Orzo seemed ridiculously skimpy. I had to double or triple the orzo. Perhaps the Orzo was old or too dried out, but it did not create enough volume. The flavors were fantastic but I had to play with quantities to get enough for 4. Any thoughts.

I've tried quite a few other recipes and found them to be spot on.

Comments

• I made the Lemony Orzo. I cut the recipe in half. It turned out fine.

• All of the F & S recipes have turned out well. On a one of the rice-based recipes, next time I’ll be more aggressive about covering the rice with liquid. The uncovered rice was undercooked. Otherwise happy so far.

• I have found the F&S recipes to turn out quite well, but I have to agree that the white bean recipe overcooked the beans, leaving the mushy.

• I had the same issue with the white bean recipie. It tasted great but the texture was like mashed potatoes. I made a note to change the cooking time.

• I just made the white beans, using my multi-cooker as a slow cooker for the first time. I thought that there was a problem with my cooker because the beans were mushy after half the recommended cooking time. I'm glad to know it w

• Same issue with the white beans...more like the aforementioned mashed potato. If I haven't soaked them overnight, I just cover beans with hot water from my hot water kettle for an hour. They do better in the instant pot.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.