WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Fruit macarons

Hello Milk Street! After some trial and error I’ve found a base macaron shell recipe that works for me. I want to experiment with flavoring by adding ground freeze-dried fruit to the dry mix (1/4 cupish). Do I need to reduce the amount of almond flour or powdered sugar from the dry ingredients to accommodate the fruit?

Comments

• Hi Kenzie - How awesome that you've found a macaron recipe that works for you! Macarons can be so tricky, especially when you try to add flavor to the shell. You've got the right idea to add freeze-dried fruit powder to the shell, which will add flavor but not any extra moisture that will affect the success of the macaron. Since freeze-dried fruit powder packs a punch, you can probably just add a couple of tablespoons and get pretty strong flavor. Regardless of how much you add, you will need to remove an equal amount of powdered sugar to compensate for the added volume. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.