WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Instant Pot vs. Using Traditional Electric Pressure Cooker and Slow Cooker

I don't want an Instant Pot at this time as I have an Electric Pressure Cooker (6 quart) and Slow Cooker (7 quart). Can I assume any of your recipes from Fast & Slow can be used in either of these? Obviously, any precooking for Slow recipes will need to be stove top as the Slow Cooker doesn't have the Sautéing feature. I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks for your consideration of this question.

Comments

• Hi Katherine - Our recipes should work in your 6-quart electric pressure cooker. The only variable, and this may only apply to certain recipes, is if your pressure cooker has a much larger or smaller bottom surface area than a 6-quart Instant Pot. We did not test our recipes in a traditional slow cooker and the recipes were tested using the slow function on a 6-quart Instant Pot. Since this is a smaller volume than your slow cooker, we can't say for sure whether these would work the same in a 7-quart traditional slow cooker. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

• Thanks for the quick response. I'll try the slow cooker with a recipe and see how it goes, maybe cut the cooking time a bit.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.