WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Brandied cherry frangipane tart

The recipe for the crust calls for almond flour, but the frangipane uses 100 g of sliced almonds that get processed in the food processor. If the recipe already uses almond flour, what is the reason for not using it in the frangipane? It seems antithesis of the Milk Street way to buy extra ingredients when others will do. Can't I just use 100 g of almond flour in the frangipane?

Comments

• I made the frangipane with almond flour and added a full teaspoon since I had measurement in my hand when I measured the vanilla. Turned out great.

• Hi Todd - I'm glad this worked out for you! It is surprising that we didn't just almond flour in the filling. I think the reason why we chose this route was because these two recipes - crust and filling - were essentially developed separately. The crust was meant to be used in other recipes and the filling was initially intended to be in more traditional pie crust. That being said, I will certainly let the development team know! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.