WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

how to search recipes

i can't seem to find a way to search recipes by name and/or ingredients

Comments

• Hi John -

Have you reviewed the steps that our digital team laid out in this post - https://www.177milkstreet.com/discussion/discussion/comment/735#Comment_735? Hopefully this should clear it up for you! Best, Lynn C.

• I totally agree with John. I used the magnify glass approach for grilled chicken and came up with over a thousand results including videos, articles and Taiwanese Grilled Corn. There doesn't seem to be any way to filter further for just recipes or a specific ingredient. If I have to look through everything in the site that has grilled in the title what is the use of the website. I believe that most of us subscribe to get recipes first and shop second. Given the cost (Yes, I appreciate there is no advertising) for the site a little work on the search engine would be welcomed.

• Hi Frank and John - I checked in with our digital team and, unfortunately, right now there is no way to filter search results. We are constantly evaluating and upgrading our customer experience, however, so it's something we are looking into changing in the near future. In the meantime, the only way to filter is to navigate to Recipes and then selecting a sub-category to narrow down your search (Mains, Sides, Desserts, etc). Once you're on the Recipe page, there is a dropdown menu on the left and you can filter by cookbooks and other sub-categories. That will at least filter out any videos or articles so you are only getting recipes and by selecting a sub-category you can limit the course the recipe would fall into. I'm so sorry I can't be more helpful, but please know that we hear your concerns and are actively looking into changes in the website functionality. Best, Lynn C.

• I agree that a strong search option is imperative. It would improve this site immeasurably.

• I agree with all of the above. This is a basic function of recipe sites and has been around for years. Please prioritize. I want to love this site as much as the recipes.

• Bump, this is a critical missing feature.

• Agree the website is not user friendly. It needs a search for the recipes.

• Was just looking for where I could make this recommendation! Please prioritize this feature.

SmittenKitchen.com is another recipe site I frequent (truthfully almost everything I make is either from there or Milk Street!). She has a search feature that does allow for you to search by ingredient, but she also organizes her recipes into a variety of useful categories either by main ingredient or key word (week nights, 5 ingredients or less, season, etc.). I would love to see a similar set up on Milk Street, it would be so much more user friendly than trying to sift through page after page of recipes without the ability to filter.

• Plus one for this request.

My use case is that I come to the site looking for specific category of recipes... main ingredient (i.e. chicken) or method (i.e. instant pot). Being able to narrow down the list of results to those, or ideally BOTH, would be a game changer for the site. As it is, unless I have the exact recipe name from the cookbook, I really can't find anything.

If I have to have the recipe book in order for the site to be useful, then what is the point of the subscription? I'll just buy the books instead... Or go elsewhere.

• Hello Amy,

Thank you for your patience while our website developers actively work to improve the site’s search features and adding more search capabilities.

Best,

The Milk Street Team

• Searching recipes is TERRIBLE. They seem to use the OR condition in the search terms, instead of AND. Look at how Google uses search terms (OR, AND)

• Hi. Cannot locate my flagged as a Favorite recipes. Please advise.

• Hi Cathy -

You can find that answer here.

Best,

The Milk Street Cooking Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.