WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Triple Crème Cheesecake with Guava Sauce Recipe

Is guava juice an acceptable substitute for the guava nectar for the sauce? I assume the nectar is thicker/sweeter, so if so, would you make any changes to the quantity if using juice, e.g. increase the quantity of juice by some amount and still reduce to the 1 1/2 cups?

Comments

• Hi Samantha - We find that guava nectar is more widely available than guava juice (Goya and Ceres are both widely available brands). The pulp in the nectar is necessary to achieve a really velvety sauce. Thinner juice will produce a more syrup-like sauce than a true fruit sauce. It will still probably taste OK, just not exactly the right texture. If you decide to try it with juice, we would just make sure to reduce 3 cups of juice to 1 1/2 cups. Since nectar usually contains more sugar, you may find you need to make it a little sweeter and you may want to add a little more cornstarch slurry to thicken it a bit more. Best, The Milk Street Team

• I made the triple creme cheesecake, but instead of having a 9 inch cheesecake, I also had enough batter for a 6 inch one! We have not tried it as yet, but they both look fantastic...just wondering if I made a mistake along the way? L

• Hi Linda - That is definitely not supposed to happen! We aren't sure why you had so much extra batter. If you used the volume measurements instead of the weights it's possible you had more ingredients than called for in the recipe. You also could have whipped the mixture more and added additional air to the mix, which would add more volume. It would be somewhat surprising if either of these resulted in enough additional batter to also fill a 6-inch springform pan, but it's possible! Best, The Milk Street Team

• Is the cheesecake supposed to be cooked in a water bath?

• Hi Roxanne - Nope, no water bath necessary. Since we are stabilizing the cheesecake with some flour we don't need a water bath. Best, The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.