WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Are the recipes tested by Milk S.?

I just signed up for the free trial and while looking through the recipes(a bit overwhelming on many levels) I came across one and in reading reviews of the recipe, was discouraged to hear that it had not been tested by Milk street. These recipes are often complicated requiring ingredients I would not normally have on hand. Cooking is not recreational for me and though I'd love to try new recipes, I trusted that without reviews, I would still be able to feel confident that the recipes had been vetted. Some of the recipes even use sizes of pans not easily available (see Paul Hollywoods lemon cake) and superfine sugar?

Maybe I should just be enjoying Milk St. when I am able to catch it on the radio.

Jill H.

Comments

• Hi Jill -

I don't have exact figures, but I would say about 99% of our recipes are tested right here in our kitchens at Milk Street. There are a small number of recipes that were provided to us by our Friends of Milk Street or by featured chefs from our Cooking School, TV show, or radio show that we have agreed to print as is, per their request, since they have spoken about them during class or on one of the shows. In this case, we don't have any part in the development or testing of these recipes since they don't belong to us. We are simply sharing them with our readers as an additional benefit to our own thousands of recipes. Since these come from our Friends and other well-respected culinary professionals, we can assure you they have been tested by those individuals before they were distributed to the public. Hope that helps you understand our special Friends program!

Best,

The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.