WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Best Non Stick Skillet

I currently own, several stainless steel, and cast iron skillets. My missing player is a non-stick. What would you recommend as a solid good non-stick skillet. I don't want the most or the least expensive version - a good solid skillet at a good price.

Comments

• Hi Michael -

When it comes to nonstick skillets we don't recommend spending a lot of money on something high-end. This is because, regardless of brand or quality level, the nonstick coating is going to wear off and render the skillet ineffective (and potentially cause chips to release into your food) in about a year if it's used regularly. Instead we recommend one of two options.

First, with the right care, a carbon steel or cast iron pan can be nonstick. In this case, if you're really diligent about seasoning and usage, you can have one pan that serves many purposes. If you want something less labor-intensive, we recommend visiting your local discount home furnishings store (for example, TJ Maxx or Home Goods) and looking for a reasonably-priced, heavy-weight nonstick skillet. You can usually find a stainless steel one for less than $50.

Best,

The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.