WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Korean Fried Chicken

This recipe sounds delicious and relatively easy, but is there a way to keep the hot oil from splashing all over myself and my kitchen when the chicken is put in? Maybe the fried foods I've attempted before splattered because there was moisture on them(?). I'm not much of a fryer, but I really want to try this!

Comments

• Hi Nancy -

The hot oil definitely shouldn't be splashing all over you or your kitchen when frying chicken! The best way to avoid this is two-fold. One, use a deep pot, such as a Dutch oven. The oil should only come about 1 1/2 inches up the side of the pot so any splashing when you add the chicken should be contained inside the deep walls of the pot. Two, using tongs, add the chicken to the pot by slowly adding it to the oil as far down into the pot as you can. If you aren't dropping it into the pot it shouldn't create much splash.

Hope that helps!

Best,

The Milk Street Team

• Tried to ask this under the recipe itself but my comment wouldn’t post. Anyway I’ve got teenagers and would like to double this. Any comments or thoughts other than double all ingredients and do it in six batches instead of three?

• Hi Michael -

That's the approach we would take too. You may also need an additional sheet tray lined with paper towels to dry all of the chicken sufficiently.

Good luck and we hope they enjoy it!

Best,

The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.