WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

tripling a recipe

Hi,

I want to triple the chicken salmoriglio recipe (oven baked) to make for 12. Will it turn out ok if I just triple everything other than the salt and pepper and should I just double the salt & pepper? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi Catherine -

Since all of the chicken won't fit on one sheet pan, this might be challenging. Because you will need (at least) two pans you will need to put one sheet tray on a higher rack than another. When it comes time to use the broiler to brown the chicken, one rack will be closer to the broiler and might burn, rather than brown, while the other tray won't be exposed to the broiler at all since the tray above it will block it.

Assuming you can fit everything on two trays without overcrowding the chicken (overcrowding will cause the chicken to steam rather than brown due to lack of air flow), we would probably recommend cooking the chicken to temperature - one tray on the lower-middle rack and one on the upper-middle rack - and then taking out the chicken on the higher rack while you brown the chicken on the lower-middle rack. Then remove that tray and add the other tray back (on the lower-middle rack) and brown that batch of chicken.

Hope this helps!

Best,

The Milk Street Cooking Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.