WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Vegetable Side Recommendations and Advance Prep for Miso-Gochujang Pulled Pork

Hi, I was wondering if you could recommend several recipes/side options (preferably gluten-free for a guest with Celiac) to serve alongside the Miso-Gochujang Pulled Pork. It has such strong flavors, so I am curious to hear what you have tried that works well.

Also, if I were to prep this in advance for a dinner party, would you recommend waiting to shred the pork and coat in the reduced sauce until after I reheat it?

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi Samantha -

This post from our Sunday Cooks web post has some good suggestions on sides to serve with the miso-gochujang pulled pork (and some subsequent meals to make with any leftovers). Any sort of slaw, as recommended in the post, would be a good option. A cool, cucumber salad would also go a long way to balance the spiciness of the pulled pork. This one and this one are some favorites or this boy choy salad would also be nice too.

Hope that helps!

Best,

The Milk Street Cooking Team

• Thank you for the recommendations. If I were to prep the Miso-Gochujang Pulled Pork in advance (a day or two ahead) for a dinner party, would you recommend waiting to shred the pork and to coat in the reduced sauce until after I reheat it on the day of the dinner party?

• Hi Samantha -

I think you could do it either way. You probably don't want it to get too shredded while it reheats (just from you stirring it around) so I would probably shred it into larger pieces if you wanted to do the shredding ahead of time. This recipe is a great one for make ahead!

Best,

The Milk Street Cooking Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.