WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Gluten

I have a girlfriend who is GF and every time she has me try her GF food I want to send her a sympathy card. I tried my hand at making GF brownies and it was a disaster. What is the best way to modify truly delicious recipes with GF alternatives like plain flour for coconut flour etc?

Comments

• Hi Miranda -

Unfortunately we don't develop recipes that are specifically gluten-free. That being said, it has been our experience that using a gluten-free flour *blend* is the closest approximation to wheat flour for baking. You can find gluten-free flour blends in the supermarket or make your own - there are plenty of recipes online. We recommend visiting food magazine websites or published cookbooks for gluten-free recipes rather than online blogger versions - these are typically not well-tested like those by a reputable source and won't necessarily work as described. King Arthur Flour has a good flour blend and some excellent recipes on their website. Good luck!

Best,

The Milk Street Cooking Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.