WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

zucchini bread

I love zucchini bread but after multiple recipes I have not found one that is moist enough. With a center that is almost squishy.

What Should I do? Just underbake it?

Heidi

Comments

• Hi Heidi -

We usually get complaints that zucchini bread is *too* moist and bordering on soggy so this is an unusual problem. Some ways to ensure a moist quick bread are to use oil instead of butter (oil stays liquid at room temperature, therefore maintaining moisture), add an ingredient like sour cream or yogurt (these not only add fat and moisture but acid, which inhibits gluten development), and, of course, bake properly (insert a toothpick in the center and pull the bread out once it is clean).

Best,

The Milk Street Cooking Team

• Hi, I follow the show regularly. I love it. I wanted to share a baking suggestion with you. I read an old cookbook that suggested the best way to bake a one crust pie shel us to invert it onto the backside of a pie pan. Same temperature ans same baking time. Works like a charm.

Therese, Dallas

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.