WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Thai-Style Coconut and Chicken Soup

I have made the Thai-Style Coconut and Chicken soup recipe twice now. I got so little liquid out of the 2.5 cups of shredded coconut and 3 cups of warm water the first time I made the recipe, I changed blenders to make this recipe the second time, to see if the first blender had just not done a good job of grinding the coconut. The second blender did not get me any more coconut liquid than the first blender. I did not measure the amount of liquid either time, but I feel like I was only able to strain out about 1/3 cup of coconut milk from the blended shredded coconut. About how much liquid do you expect to get when you blend the shredded coconut with the warm water?

thank you for any information you can provide. Leslie

Comments

• Hi Leslie -

I checked in with the recipe developer and they said that you should have 2 ½ cups coconut milk after straining. If you're only getting ½ cup, she thinks you mightneed to let soak longer to soften the shreds. We also want to ensure that you are using *unsweetened* shredded coconut.

Best,

The Milk Street Cooking Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.