WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Mushroom toasts / tarts, but dairy-free

I've long loved the mushroom toast concept (wild / wacky mushrooms I otherwise don't know what to do with, garlic, white wine reduced, some yogurt or creme fraiche, thyme all on good toast), but I'm on the hunt for how to make it without the dairy. Almond milk didn't work. Suppose I could find a non-dairy yogurt to try with it, but wondering if the Milk Street team had any ideas?

Comments

• Hi John - Obviously you could just eliminate the dairy element and it would still be delicious, but I assume you want to keep that creamy element on your toast. If you can find it, Kite Hill vegan ricotta is pretty good and would be great here. Or, you could make your own dairy-free labneh. There are a bunch of recipes online that use either coconut or soy yogurt or, even better, cashews in place of the dairy. We do this in our Butter Chicken recipe to add creaminess without the weight of dairy and it's amazing how creamy it is! Let us know if you try any of these options and how it turned out! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.